Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gardening for Squares

We are embarking on a new gardening technique called SQUARE FOOT GARDENING. After attending a free gardening class sponsor by Weber Water we got religion and are going to try this method and see if it really can produce 3 times as much as a normal till the ground, plant the seeds, water the weeds, hope the vegetables grown, weed the weeds, water the weeds, weed, water, weed, variety of garden we have been doing.

As soon as I get the boxes built I will let you know how it goes and hopefully throughout the summer how it grows.

2 comments:

Megan said...

We are trying SFG this year, too! I just finished reading Mel Bartholomew's book, and I'm hoping I can successfully put it into practice. This is our first garden, though, so we have nothing to compare it to. But it seems ideal for novices like us. :D Good luck with yours!

Mel P. said...

I must learn about this! Where have I been? This may be the answer to the limited space we have in our yard. Let me know how it goes!