Saturday, April 11, 2009

Business is not a dirty word

I have supported my life and family by being part of the business word. It is a hard life but in the end I hope it has helped people take care of things that they care about. Today as we face a nation that is spending money like it prints it (oops, I forgot it does print it) and thinks that business is a bad word and government is a cure all, I hope we will remember how we became the most prosperous nation in the world's history. I know that we have our faults and failings and we are in one of the worst economic times ever, but I hope we never forget what it is that will pull us out of this crisis. It is not government. It is business and people working hard to provide products that will help other people enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

A reminder of this ended up on my porch this morning and made me grateful we live in America. I hope you will take the time to read and ponder Peggy Noonan's message. It contains lessons for all of us from another hard time from which we recovered.

We live in a less than ideal world and some people are cruel, greedy and dog eat dog and as the Savior said "they have their reward". However, the vast majority of the people I know in business are kind, friendly, and working hard to, do their best, to provide a product that someone wants, so they can in turn earn a living and buy products that they want to make their life better, more enjoyable for themselves and their loved ones.

Enjoy life and be grateful someone is in business to provide the necessities, comforts and pleasures of life so we can enjoy them.

3 comments:

Becky W. said...

Great thoughts, and all of them true! Well-said, Fred!--timo

Megan said...

so true!

Mel P. said...

God bless America. You have my vote for President - not that you would want the job.